Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Avengers: Age of Ultron Iron Gauntlet!

I am a huge Marvel fan, in fact I have been going to the premieres of each of their movies since I can remember. Also, I always watched the movie more than once because as all fans know, Marvel always leave easter eggs... and some are hard to spot. Well anyways, I had planned to go see Avengers: Age of Ultron for a long time and I decided I was going to dress up as Tony Stark while my other friends took the roles of Captain America, Nick Fury, and Thor. I didn't want to go just as a person with a goatee so I decided to build an Iron Gauntlet.

First I looked around to find references, most coming from the super awesome Hot Toys figures.

Secondly I look for a medium... And most of the time I use the crafting foam sheets they sell at Walmart because of how easy it can be manipulated.

After that I cut out the pieces I need to build the glove. This step usually takes a lot of measuring and size experimenting.






















Once that is done and all the pieces are in place, I spray paint it. Usually it looks too new for my taste, so I add some BATTLE DAMAGE to the pieces. The scratches really makes the piece come together in the end... makes it more 'legit'.



























And there, an Iron Man gauntlet made by an amateur! Many people seemed to love it when they saw me at the premiere... and the movie was simply AMAZING!!!! To be honest I watched it about 3 times the first week it was out. Now I am currently waiting on both Ant-Man and Captain America: Civil War.

Seen how nice it came out I might be willing to make a full suit some day! That will seriously rock!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment